Online edition of Lithuanian Language and Culture Winter Courses will take place from 04-01-2021 to 02-02-2021
Important notes before you apply:
- Applicants must be students of foreign HEIs. If you study in a Lithuanian HEI, we kindly ask you to fill the form for paying students and take advantage of student discount. The form can be found here here.
- These courses are available for those whose Lithuanian language proficiency is no higher than C1.
- Documents submitted must be completed in English or Lithuanian only.
- Application deadline – November 13, 2020 for foreigners and foreigners of Lithuanian origin, December 4, 2020 for Erasmus students.
- Please note that results of the selection process for foreigners and foreigners of Lithuanian origin shall be announced around the end of November– beginning of December, once we receive the approval from the Education Exchanges Support Foundation.
- Lithuanian language and culture courses for foreigners of Lithuanian origin (Application deadline: extended until 16-11-2020)
- Lithuanian language and culture courses for foreigners (Application deadline: extended until 16-11-2020)
- Erasmus+ students (Application deadline 04-12-2020)
Tuition fee for Lithuanian language and culture courses for foreigners can be covered for candidates who are students, lecturers or researchers of higher education and research institutions of the following countries:
No. of places
|The Eastern Partnership countries|
|Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia||12|
|Australia, Bangladesh, Brunei, the Philippines, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Cambodia, China, S. Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Pakistan, Russia, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam||10|
|Lithuania priority export market countries|
|Sweden, Germany, Norway, Finland, the United Kingdom, France, Poland, Belgium, Denmark, the Netherlands, Latvia, Estonia, the USA, Israel||2|
|All other countries|
|Students, lecturers and researchers from the countries that are not mentioned in the country list above||10|
|Lithuanians and foreigners of Lithuanian origin|
|Tuition waiver for children, grandchildren, great–grandchildren of Lithuanians living abroad and foreigners of the Lithuanian origin||5|
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR CANDIDATES
- The candidate has to be a student, lecturer or researcher of a higher education and research institution of the particular country (applicable for the candidates from the Eastern Partnership, Lithuania priority export market countries, ASEM and all other countries).
- All the candidates from the group “Lithuanians and foreigners of Lithuanian origin” must:
- Be of Lithuanian language proficiency no higher than C1.
Candidates in the group “Lithuanians and foreigners of Lithuanian origin” must comply with one of the criteria below:
- to be an active member of the Lithuanian community abroad;
- work in an institution of Lithuanian education abroad as a teacher or lecturer.
- Candidates can only take advantage of the tuition waiver for the maximum of 3 times in total. Those who apply to participate for the fourth time will not be considered.
Priority (and extra points) will be given to the applicants who:
- apply for the Lithuanian and culture courses for the first time;
- formally or informally study Lithuanian language, history and culture as a subject at home institution (a document confirming it must be added to the application form, independent studies of Lithuanian language shall not fall under this category).
- Tuition fee for Lithuanian language and culture courses will be covered by the Republic of Lithuania and directly transferred to the higher education institution.