Online edition of Lithuanian Language and Summer Courses will take place from 27-07-2020 to 23-08-2020
Important notes before you apply:
- Students who have received Lithuanian state scholarships for consecutive 12 months in the period of 1st September, 2019 – 1st September, 2020, are not eligible to apply for any Lithuanian state scholarship for 1.5 years.
- These courses are available for those whose Lithuanian language proficiency is no higher than C1.
- Documents submitted must be completed in English or Lithuanian only.
- Application deadline – April 7, 2020 for foreigners and foreigners of Lithuanian origin, June 5, 2020 for Erasmus student (who apply only to get their tuition fee waivered).
- Please note that results of the selection process for foreigners and foreigners of Lithuanian origin shall be announced around the end of April – beginning of May.
- Lithuanian language and culture courses for foreigners of Lithuanian origin (Application deadline 07-04-2020)
- Application for Lithuanian language and culture courses for foreigners (Application deadline 07-04-2020)
- Erasmus+ students (Application deadline 05-06-2020)
Scholarships for Lithuanian language and culture courses are offered for candidates who are students, lecturers or researchers of higher education and research institutions of the following countries:
No. of scholarships
No. of scholarships
|The Eastern Partnership countries|
|Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia||10||14|
|Australia, Bangladesh, Brunei, the Philippines, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Cambodia, China, S. Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Pakistan, Russia, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam||14||10|
|Lithuania priority export market countries|
|Sweden, Germany, Norway, Finland, the United Kingdom, France, Poland, Belgium, Denmark, the Netherlands, Latvia, Estonia, the USA, Israel||2||4|
|All other countries|
|Students, lecturers and researchers from the countries that are not mentioned in the country list above||3||3|
|Lithuanians and foreigners of Lithuanian origin|
|Lithuanian state scholarships for children, grandchildren, great–grandchildren of Lithuanians living abroad and foreigners of the Lithuanian origin||2||4|
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR CANDIDATES
- The candidate has to be a student, lecturer or researcher of a higher education and research institution of the particular country (applicable for the candidates from the Eastern Partnership, Lithuania priority export market countries, ASEM and all other countries).
- All the candidates from the group “Lithuanians and foreigners of Lithuanian origin” must:
- Be of Lithuanian language proficiency no higher than C1.
- A child, grandchild, great-grandchild of Lithuanians living abroad or a foreigner of the Lithuanian origin (citizens of the Republic of Lithuania who have lived abroad at least three years or citizens of foreign states who have lost the citizenship of the Republic of Lithuania shall be regarded as Lithuanians living abroad. A foreigner shall be considered to be a foreigner of Lithuanian descent if at least one of his parents or grandparents is or was Lithuanian and who considers himself Lithuanian);
- Have not received Lithuanian state scholarships for consecutive 12 months in the period of 1st September, 2019 – 1st September, 2020, are not eligible to apply for any Lithuanian state scholarship for 1.5 years.
Also candidates must comply with one of the criteria below:
- to be an active member of the Lithuanian community abroad;
- work in an institution of Lithuanian education abroad as a teacher or lecturer.
- Candidates can only take advantage of the scholarship for the maximum of 3 times in total. Those who apply to participate for the fourth time will not be considered.
Priority (and extra points) will be given to the applicants who:
- apply for the summer language and culture courses for the first time;
- formally or informally study Lithuanian language, history and culture as a subject at home institution (a document confirming it must be added to the application form).
- 1st cycle (Bachelor), 2nd cycle (Master), 3rd cycle (PhD) students, lecturers and researchers of all study/research fields approved for Lithuanian language and culture courses will receive a scholarship of 585 EUR (does not apply for Erasmus+ students).
- Tuition fee for Lithuanian language and culture courses will be covered by the Republic of Lithuania and directly transferred to the higher education institution.
- Any other fees such as a student union fee, a library membership fee, etc. shall be paid by the scholarship holder.
- Travel and accommodation costs shall be covered by the scholarship holder.
- Scholarship is intended to cover the scholarship holder’s expenses only. Additional amount for accompanying partners or family is not provided. Lithuanian state scholarships cannot be double funded from other sources, e.g. other scholarships or other academic exchange programmes.