Scholarships and tuition waivers
Lithuanian Language and Culture Course Online Winter Edition will take place from 02-01-2023 to 31-01-2023.
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY. Important notes before you apply:
- The course is organised by Vytautas Magnus University.
- IT IS POSSIBLE TO APPLY ONLY TO ONE INSTITUTION ORGANISING THE COURSES AT ONE TIME.
- Applicants must be students, lecturers or researchers at foreign HEIs OR people living abroad able to prove their Lithuanian origin. If you study in a Lithuanian HEI, we kindly ask you to fill the form for paying students and take advantage of student discount. The form can be found here.
- We suggest sending your recommendations on this form.
- These courses are available for those whose Lithuanian language proficiency is no higher than C1.
- Documents submitted must be completed in English or Lithuanian.
- We receive the results approximately within a month after the deadline. We kindly ask you to inform us, if you are no longer available to participate, so we can offer your place for a person from the reserve list. Thank you!
- Online students receive a tuition waiver, but no scholarship.
- Lithuanian language and culture courses for foreigners of Lithuanian origin (application deadline: November 25 inclusive)
- Lithuanian language and culture courses for foreigners (application deadline: November 25 inclusive)
Tuition fee for Lithuanian language and culture courses for foreigners can be covered for candidates who are students, lecturers or researchers of higher education and research institutions of the following countries:
|Countries||No. of places
|The Eastern Partnership countries
Ukraine, Moldova, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia
Australia, Bangladesh, Brunei, the Philippines, India, Indonesia, Japan, Kazakhstan, Cambodia, China, S. Korea, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, New Zealand, Pakistan, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam
Lithuania priority export market countries
Sweden, Germany, Norway, Finland, the United Kingdom, France, Poland, Belgium, Denmark, the Netherlands, Latvia, Estonia, the USA, Israel, Republic of South Africa, Turkey, Canada, UAE
|All other countries (except Russia and Belarus)|
|Students, lecturers and researchers from the countries that are not mentioned in the country list above||8|
|Lithuanians and foreigners of Lithuanian origin|
|Tuition waiver for children, grandchildren, great–grandchildren of Lithuanians living abroad and foreigners of the Lithuanian origin (candidates from Russia and Belarus of Lithuanian origin can apply in this category)||8|
ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR CANDIDATES
All the candidates:
- Cannot be of Lithuanian language proficiency higher than C1.
- Candidates can only take advantage of the tuition waiver for the maximum of 3 times in total. Those who apply to participate for the fourth time will not be considered.
- The candidate has to be a student, lecturer or researcher of a higher education and research institution of the particular country (applicable for the candidates from the Eastern Partnership, Lithuania priority export market countries, ASEM and all other countries).
A candidate of Lithuanian Origins must:
- be a member of the Lithuanian community abroad
- be a student, lecturer or researcher of a higher education and research institution of the particular country
Priority (and extra points) will be given to the applicants who:
- apply for the Lithuanian Language and Culture course for the first time;
- formally or informally study Lithuanian language, history and culture in their home country (a document confirming it must be added to the application form, independent studies of Lithuanian language shall not fall under this category).
- Tuition fee for Lithuanian language and culture course will be covered by the Republic of Lithuania and directly transferred to the higher education institution. Scholarships are not issued for the contact courses.