Preparation for Standardized English Test (IELTS)
2 weeks (80 hours)
The course aims at providing and developing practical academic English skills for successful exploitation in various academic contexts. It includes a review and a further theoretical and practical development of communicative skills for efficient use of the main grammatical and syntactic categories and structures necessary to pass IELTS. It is also designed to expand students’ specific professional and academic vocabulary relevant to academic examinations. The form of studies includes class work, seminars, group work, discussions, work in SANAKO computer assisted language learning lab and virtual MOODLE environment and individual work.
To develop students‘ communicative competences of English at an advanced level through the linguistic activities of reception (listening and reading), production and interaction (speaking and writing) and to prepare them for IELTS.
By the end of the course students will be able to:
- write clear formal English, organize and link the ideas accurately with a good range of vocabulary and grammar;
- read various texts ranged from the descriptive and factual to the discursive and analytical, which may contain non-verbal materials such as diagrams, graphs or illustrations;
- listen, understand and complete assignments (including multiple choice, form completion, note completion, summary completion, sentence completion, and short-answer questions on different recorded conversations and monologues with topics ranging from everyday social to academic);
- speak and discuss certain topics ranging from everyday social to academic.
- Coping with stress before the exam
- Modern Society
- Gender Issues
- Tips for listening and speaking
- Tips for building academic vocabulary
- Academic writing tips and tricks