Summer Internship Programme (SIP)
5 weeks (160 hours)
It is a five-week internship programme which provides the students with a possibility to do an internship at workplaces or institutions which are social partners of VMU, including Kaunas City Municipality, medical institutions, museums and NGOs.
Internship placements for the students are provided based on the fields of their choice, including finance and economics, politics and international relations, medicine and social work, communication and public relations, marketing, advertising, technology, engineering, etc.
This programme offers:
- Internship placements based on the major field of studies;
- A chance to know the university and the modern Lithuania;
- Introductory week at VMU;
- Lithuanian language classes (optional);
- Cultural program and trips (optional);
- 6 ECTS credits and VMU certificates.
To provide students with opportunities to acquire and/or improve intercultural and general professional skills, meet people from all over the world and get a better understanding of Lithuania and Lithuanian culture.
- Apply the basic knowledge of the fields studied and use the field’s technology (technical equipment, digital technologies, etc.) purposefully;
- Produce reasonable analysis, evaluation and summary of one’s professional activity;
- Communicate in a foreign (English), native, and Lithuanian language, depending on work-related and everyday situations.
- Orientation Days (first 2 days are dedicated to various lectures on Lithuanian history and culture as well as professional orientation of students, various workshops, meetings, lectures, other activities);
- Internships in various organizations and institutions (practical opportunity for students to gain professional knowledge of their chosen field, learn or improve English language skills and get to know the modern Lithuania);
- Additional social and cultural activities (Participants do not just follow their professional assignments; during the five weeks of their involvement they visit museums, attend lectures, visit historical sites and participate in a wide range of social and cultural events);
- Midterm and final exams (in the midterm and final projects, students use the skills and practices obtained as well as understanding achieved during the internship period in Lithuania. The Midterm Report requires exploring and describing the project area, while the Final Report and presentation concentrates on a deeper analysis of the issue).