German Language and Communication A2.1
2 weeks (80 hours)
The aim of this course is to enable students to communicate in German in everyday situations and to provide them with the relevant level of German grammar. The course prepares students for studying, living and working in German-speaking countries. Participants learn to read various texts and to produce their own written texts using the relevant level of language. The form of studies includes lectures, self-study tasks and work in SANAKO lab and virtual MOODLE environment. There is much focus on current, social, and cultural issues, using TV, radio broadcasts and Web sources from Germany, Austria and Switzerland. Participants learn to communicate correctly both in spoken and written forms in various situations and get prepared to study German in level A2.2.
To develop communicative language competence this course includes linguistic, pragmatic and sociolinguistic components through reception (listening and reading comprehension), production and interaction (speaking and writing) at pre-intermediate level (A2.1).
By the end of the course students will be able to comprehend, speak and write about:
- important days and dates in Germany: expressing request and recommendations;
- food, nutrition and communication in various situations at the restaurant;
- appearance: expressing interest and feelings;
- travelling: transport, accommodation and planning a trip;
- different situations and problems at the workplace, telephone conversations, giving advice.
- Getting to know each other
- At home
- Diet and nutrition
- World of work
- Sport and fitness
- Education and career
- Leisure time and festivity