Biodiversity Conservation and Management (BiCoMa)
2 weeks (80 hours)
Course programme on Biodiversity Conservation and Management gives an opportunity to interact with various biodiversity aspects: evolution and biodiversity, threats to biodiversity, plant taxonomy, valuing and protection. This course programme consists of lectures, exercises, discussions, excursions, participant presentations and group work. Thematic field trips will be organised to interesting locations and protection areas in Lithuania.
To understand importance of biodiversity and learn basic biodiversity management strategies.
By the end of the course students will be able to:
- Explain main biodiversity concepts;
- Understand importance and value of biodiversity;
- Explain changes in environment and biodiversity under direct and indirect threats;
- Ground main biodiversity conservation strategies.
- What is Biodiversity? Measuring and Mapping Biodiversity;
- Biodiversity protection policy in EU. Main conventions for nature and biodiversity protection;
- Biodiversity and Plant Taxonomy;
- Threats to Biological Diversity and Scenarios for 2100;
- Human Impact on Biodiversity. Hemeroby. Economical Botany, Introductions and Invasions;
- Valuing Biodiversity;
- Plant population molecular research.